Beige White Salt & Pepper
Saddlemans Product Sizing by Collection Type
*Sizes are only an approximation. Cowhide is a natural product and no two will ever be alike.
**Upholstery information noted at the bottom.
Natural and Solid Dyed Hides
|Medium – 6’ x 6’||Large – 6’ x 7.5’||XL- 6.5’ x 7.5’|
Oversized (when available)-
|XXL - 6.75’ x 7.5’||XXXL- 7’ x 7.5’||XXXXL- 7’ x 8’||XXXXXL 7.5’ x 8’|
1 size only and averages a Large.
Approximately 6 x 7.5’
1 size only and averages a Large.
Approximately 6’ x 7.5’
|Large – 6’ x 7.5’||
XL- 6.5’ x 7.5’
Bundle & Save
Our Natural 4 Hide Bundles average a size Large 6’ x 7.5’
3 standard size offerings that include a complimentary down filler.
Custom Designed Rugs
Our custom designed rugs come in any size you like. Keep in mind in order to keep the pattern integrity on the outside, some patterns chosen will fall a few inches over/under on either side.
Your Account Manager will discuss these with you at the time a formal order is made.
*Any rug whose smallest side is over 9’6” will be subject to an additional $5/sq ft due to oversized flight fees.
Hides for Upholstery Purposes
*We recommend erring to the side of caution and using the bottom of the range.
It is always better to have extra than to fall short and attempt to find a “match” at a later time.
|M (28-36 sq ft)||L (37-42 sq ft)||XL (43-47 sq ft)|
|XXL (48-50 sq ft)||XXXL (51-53 sq ft)||XXXXL (54-57 sq ft)||XXXXXL (58-62 sq ft)|
All products that are in stock at the time of purchase will leave our warehouse in Southern California within 3-5 business days from purchase.
If an item sells out or is on backorder, you will be notified the next business day (if on a weekend) with the estimated arrival time.
For anything marked as Coming Soon at time of purchase, the estimated wait time will be noted on the product itself and is based on production time and travel from Brazil.
Special Order Instructions
If you need to note a personalized PO# for your company or you need a specific sidemark/tag written on the outside of your shipment, please use the Notes section in your Shopping Cart during the ordering process.
Our standard shipping method is FedEx Ground. Once your order leaves our warehouse in Southern California, it typically takes 3-7 days, depending on your distance from us.
Should you wish to expedite your shipping, please choose this option upon checkout.
Day 1 starts when your order is received by 12:00 noon Pacific Time Mon-Fri. Please note that we close at 2:00pm Pacific on Friday and return Monday at 7:30am, so we cannot guarantee a choice of expedited shipping that begins on a Friday. When in doubt if ordering on a Friday, please count the following Monday as your Day 1.
The beauty and allure of buying Cowhides is that they are exquisitely unique products of nature and no two are exactly alike. As a result of the inherent qualities of a natural product, there may be variations in color, size, texture, pattern, brands and patches that can differ from samples or stock images shown. Its important to understand and appreciate these features of cowhides that make each one uniquely yours.
If you want to see an image of the exact hide you will get, please be sure to shop from our Hand Pick Hides Collection pages.
Saddlemans places great value on your business and we want you to be pleased with your purchase.
Should you wish to exchange or return an item (excluding custom rug orders and any items marked final sale at time of purchase) please send your return request to firstname.lastname@example.org within fourteen (14) days of receiving your order. Please include the order number, a note as to whether you would like to exchange or return your item and your reason for the return. Our customer service department will issue you an RA# (return authorization) once we have received your request. Credits to your account, excluding a 20% restocking fee for trade accounts and nonrefundable shipping fees, will be processed upon receipt of your exchange or return to our warehouse. All products must be returned to our warehouse within ten (10) days of receiving your RA# from Saddlemans. Please kindly use original packaging when possible and send your return prepaid and insured to:
17307 Mt Wynne Circle
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
How to Care for your new Cowhide products
Saddlemans Brazilian Cowhides are a durable, high-end natural product that will last for many years to come when properly cared for. Cowhide rugs, like all natural products, will wear over time. Taking proper care of your cowhide is necessary to prolong its beauty, luster, and life!
- Lay cowhide on a flat surface when received to release any creases it has sustained during shipping.
- Always keep cowhide rug in a dry environment.
- Place cowhide in a low-traffic area when possible and away from direct sunlight.
- Rotate cowhide as needed so the rug wears evenly.
Removing Dust & Debris
- Use a vacuum on the lowest setting without the beater bar touching the rug. If possible, turn off the beater bar.
- Or simply give it a good shake outside.
Cleaning up Spots or Spills
- Soak up any liquid from spills as quickly as possible to prevent it from soaking into the hide with paper towel, soft cloth or sponge.
- Clean area using fresh water and a mild soap such as Dawn dish soap or similar product using a soft cloth or sponge brushing lightly in the direction of the hair. Once the area is cleaned, remove any remaining soap or debris with a clean cloth or sponge.
- If the hide becomes wet on the underside, it is necessary for the hide to dry on both sides first. We suggest leaving the hide in a shaded area away from direct sunlight to allow for drying before using again.
Creases & Folds
- If a fold or crease remains after several days of laying flat, it can easily be removed by lightly moistening the hide on both sides with water, then using an Iron, with a piece of cloth in-between (to not burn the hair) until folds are gone. In general, ironing on one side does the trick, but if the fold is a bit deep, ironing both sides will take care of it.
- Do not place cowhide in a washing machine, immerse it in water, tumble dry, or have it dry cleaned.
- Avoid steam cleaners or professional cleaning companies.
- Never use bleach, any strong solvents, or harsh soaps on your cowhide rug.
The beauty and allure of buying Cowhides is that they are exquisitely unique products of nature and no two are exactly alike. As a result of the inherent qualities of a natural product, there may be variations which include but are not limited to- size, color, texture, hair length, pattern, patches and branding. These natural variations are what make your hide truly one-of-a-kind as only Mother Nature can produce!
*Please keep this in mind when ordering off of any Samples or Stock Photography as your hide will never “match”. Those are a representation of that breed only.
* If you want to see an image of the exact hide you will get, please shop from the Hand Pick Hides Collection pages.
Approximate sizes M: 6' x 6' L: 6' x 7.5' XL: 6.5' x 7.5'
This image is a stock photo. The hide you receive will not be identical.
If you would like to hand pick your very own cowhides and get the exact one you are looking at, please head to the Hand Pick Hides menu here- https://www.saddlemans.com/collections/hand-pick-your-hides-m-l-xl
Not unlike our Beige & White Special, where you get the lovely warmth of the beige and the added white contrast, the Salt & Pepper will just bleed in more of the secondary color throughout, bringing about a more subtle overall look than the bigger spots.
Our 100% Natural Brazilian Cowhides are the very best available in Luxury Hair on Hide. Each hide is hand selected by our owner, still to this day, after 30 years! This sets us above the rest and ensures your new hide is unmatched in beauty and quality.